Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manulife (King Centre) redevelopment project
Ya they outgrew it fast.

(01-22-2022, 10:02 AM)ac3r Wrote: They didn't last too long in the Tannery building either, from what I remember. Feels like they opened that up and within a year or two they had the huge building on Breithaupt and now an entire office tower, this Manulife building and plans for even more expansion.

Maybe they can convert on that oft discussed tower readiness for the parking garage side of the Manulife building. Would be a nice way to add space downtown without having to redevelop a lot that could be used for something else, if it were actually feasible.
(01-27-2022, 09:49 AM)cherrypark Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 10:02 AM)ac3r Wrote: They didn't last too long in the Tannery building either, from what I remember. Feels like they opened that up and within a year or two they had the huge building on Breithaupt and now an entire office tower, this Manulife building and plans for even more expansion.

Maybe they can convert on that oft discussed tower readiness for the parking garage side of the Manulife building. Would be a nice way to add space downtown without having to redevelop a lot that could be used for something else, if it were actually feasible.

Ah yes, the Google Tower. We're closer than ever. We now have a location.
The Tower of Power, the Google Tower. Where our employees work to improve your on line experience while looking over you.
Hell nah. They can look at me out the windows, but I'm a DuckDuckGo user...amongst other services. :^) I'm not supporting a company that openly collaborates with the US National Security Agency and the rest of the Five Eyes SIGINT agencies to spy on everything everyone does. It's unparalleled not-so-secret surveillance.
(01-27-2022, 02:06 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: The Tower of Power, the Google Tower.  Where our employees work to improve your on line experience while looking over you.

I've joked that their new Google sign atop the phase 1 building facing downtown is their own little tech town eye of Sauron, looking for talent.
Perhaps if they end up with a non-contiguous campus, there will be a need for a monorail between buildings? :-)

Did I hear monorail ? Naw thats more like a Shelby thing...
Shelbyville...aka Cambridge?

Of course the line to Cambridge is just elevated haha. Fun fact, though, a monorail was one of the rapid transit systems they researched prior to the LRT - in addition to a full fledged subway and a wack of other technologies. Of course, we ended up with the Dollar Tree version of an LRT.
(01-27-2022, 08:48 PM)cherrypark Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 02:06 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: The Tower of Power, the Google Tower.  Where our employees work to improve your on line experience while looking over you.

I've joked that their new Google sign atop the phase 1 building facing downtown is their own little tech town eye of Sauron, looking for talent.

Good, good! More ideas! Hopefully then Google will take this more seriously and get on with building the tower they promised in the boardroom meeting 6 years ago.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »