Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Market Square
(05-29-2019, 11:24 PM)Lens Wrote: Not McMaster, think of a smaller presence in DTK, actually quite close to Manulife.

If you mean smaller than the presence McMaster has, that would leave only triOS College.  And back to the comment about Market Square emptying out ...

(05-29-2019, 11:40 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 11:24 PM)Lens Wrote: Not McMaster, think of a smaller presence in DTK, actually quite close to Manulife.

If you mean smaller than the presence McMaster has, that would leave only triOS College.  And back to the comment about Market Square emptying out ...

Pardon my ignorance for a moment: How would triOS College be exciting? Not only that, it's a private school.

Either way, we'll find out tomorrow at noon. That said, my guess is that it will be a well knows PUBLIC school along with a well known (and healthy) tech company (now I heard somewhere that Google is looking for more room, but I believe they'll be getting that at some point in the future) -- so as for the tech company, I would have some money on Microsoft. If only for this reason: I had heard through the grapevine about next tech for cars (driverless), Kitchener-Waterloo, and some school, and Microsoft in that mix.

If that is true, and Microsoft was setting up a large shop in Kitchener, that news would be huge. And in that case, the errors of our past look like they might be erased. Just like what Microsoft did to your Windows 7 install....
(05-30-2019, 12:08 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 11:40 PM)panamaniac Wrote: If you mean smaller than the presence McMaster has, that would leave only triOS College.  And back to the comment about Market Square emptying out ...

Pardon my ignorance for a moment: How would triOS College be exciting? Not only that, it's a private school.

Either way, we'll find out tomorrow at noon. That said, my guess is that it will be a well knows PUBLIC school along with a well known (and healthy) tech company (now I heard somewhere that Google is looking for more room, but I believe they'll be getting that at some point in the future) -- so as for the tech company, I would have some money on Microsoft. If only for this reason: I had heard through the grapevine about next tech for cars (driverless), Kitchener-Waterloo, and some school, and Microsoft in that mix.

If that is true, and Microsoft was setting up a large shop in Kitchener, that news would be huge. And in that case, the errors of our past look like they might be erased.  Just like what Microsoft did to your Windows 7 install....

The reference at #7 was to a post secondary "organization", which would be an odd way to refer to a university.
It would be great if it was related to the Breithaupt Block phase 3, and they allowed the original proposal to go through.

Blyth Academy?

The current rumours I've heard within the building (may robdrimmie has also heard them), is Google and a private school.
(05-30-2019, 12:14 AM)panamaniac Wrote: … "organization", which would be an odd way to refer to a university.

How right you are … Tongue
(05-30-2019, 06:07 AM)BruceAshe Wrote:

Blyth Academy?

The current rumours I've heard within the building (may robdrimmie has also heard them), is Google and a private school.

Blyth is not post-secondary.

(05-30-2019, 06:07 AM)BruceAshe Wrote:

Blyth Academy?

I've not heard anything internally. I'm just as curious as everyone else here. I'd find it odd if it were Google, given how much focus they've put on the Breithaupt Block, but they would have a lot more freedom to develop the King Centre building as the residential spaces along Joseph facing the King Centre are already used to 5-storey parking structure walls.
Sooooo...I though we'd hear something about that today at noon? I can't find anything anywhere about what happened....!
(05-30-2019, 02:27 PM)jeffster Wrote: Sooooo...I though we'd hear something about that today at noon? I can't find anything anywhere about what happened....!

Announcement is Friday at noon.
(05-30-2019, 02:29 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 02:27 PM)jeffster Wrote: Sooooo...I though we'd hear something about that today at noon? I can't find anything anywhere about what happened....!

Announcement is Friday at noon.

Ahhh..I see what I did there. My work schedule to a little crazy and for some reason I thought it was Friday already.
I'm curious about this announcement.  I haven't seen it mentioned on the online sites that I read.
We'll know in three hours' time! Smile

I'm surprised that more information hasn't come out, especially here on WRC. We're usuall "first to know". There doesn't seem anything particularly secret/sensitive about the coming announcement.
The announcement is that Conestoga College is moving into Market Square.

edit: Can someone move these posts to appropriate thread?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »