Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
(10-25-2023, 02:22 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(10-25-2023, 01:11 PM)dubya Wrote: Old trail is still open but will close.

Where did you hear that? Everything I've seen has said it will remain open.

I am also interested in a citation here. It has repeatedly been said that it will stay open. A change to close it would be a big and unconsulted change.

(10-25-2023, 11:23 AM)KevinL Wrote: I think this is on the parking lot property along the trail, behind the properties on Park.

A family member who was renting in the 153-159 Park St range of houses was evicted a while back, I just asked about it and apparently the house was sold to a developer planning a "tower". Not sure if that's referring to Iron Horse Living or if another development is planned for this side of the trail too.
https://www.engagewr.ca/177-179-albert-st
I actually like it. Much nicer than most of the buildings in Northdale. Finally a building with a square footprint.
Why are talentless architects addicted to putting random blotches of colour on their buildings? It makes no sense.
(02-21-2024, 11:39 AM)ac3r Wrote: Why are talentless architects addicted to putting random blotches of colour on their buildings? It makes no sense.

Their brains still have some residual memory of colour and joy and life that occasionally breaks through the greige mental barricades
local cambridge weirdo
Maybe the architect is a WLU alumnus?

Lol. If they were I could respect that.
Zoning amendments to allow for up to four dwelling units per property: https://www.engagewr.ca/amendment-to-all...ling-units
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »