Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
345 King St W | 6 fl | Complete
(07-31-2020, 05:06 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: Thanks. Looking through the brochure I noticed HVAC hours are listed. Does anyone know what exactly that means? Surely not HVAC restrictions on office space right?

During my time in 305 it was pretty clear that the hvac isn't running 24/7.  You would feel temperature swings through the day as the system tried to reach it's target and then another swing if you were on the sun side during the afternoon.   Should be less of an issue in a brand new LEEDs building though.

(07-31-2020, 06:01 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 04:09 PM)taylortbb Wrote: If you download the brochure from http://perimeterdevelopment.com/345-king-west/ it has the ground floor floorplan. Office lobby is definitely on the left, adjacent to 305.

Based on my observations of the construction site, it looks like it's in the middle. Smile But it's quite possible that I'm mistaken.

Yeah, I was wrong on this. The lobby is indeed on the left, it's now clear on the construction site.
The retail level looks good. Lobby on the left, BMO on the right, the centre is still looking for a tenant. And the portico fans should be happy!

Is there a timeline for BMO?
(08-27-2020, 09:47 AM)tomh009 Wrote: The retail level looks good. Lobby on the left, BMO on the right, the centre is still looking for a tenant. And the portico fans should be happy!

Well, somewhat. But the fact that it narrows down to almost nothing at one end suggests that once again the architect sees it only as an ornamental feature, not a practical one. This is disappointing, but unfortunately typical of current architecture: they forget that they are designing places that are to be used, not some sculpture which is only to be observed.
(09-02-2020, 09:12 AM)Spokes Wrote: Is there a timeline for BMO?

The signage says opening Sept 21. Only went up 4-6 weeks ago, so I assume it's accurate.
Is the fencing still there? Would like to see some nice pics of it all said and done. They should also do drone footage to promote the building to prospective tenants.

Construction fencing is fully down now (most of it came down late last week), and the BMO appears to be open. I think we can mark this one complete (aside from interior finishes in the office, which I'm sure they're in no rush for right now).
Looks really nice at night all lit up - did we figure out what's opening in the middle of ground retail.

Overall I'm happy with this project.
(09-22-2020, 07:58 AM)Momo26 Wrote: did we figure out what's opening in the middle of ground retail.

It's TBD. Windows are covered in a huge "your idea here" aka for lease.
(09-21-2020, 08:22 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Construction fencing is fully down now (most of it came down late last week), and the BMO appears to be open. I think we can mark this one complete (aside from interior finishes in the office, which I'm sure they're in no rush for right now).

I would have thought the timing would be dictated by the end of the lease in Gowling's current office.
This is what it looks like from the street level:

And a peek inside the BMO space:

I think that turned out great! Good street interaction

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »