Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
That crane gotta rise soon, no?

Good shot of the first tower of 100 on Victoria.
(03-19-2020, 11:39 PM)Momo26 Wrote: From that angle, soon Young Condos will obstruct your view Wink

And DTK will obstruct our view to the east.  It's like a modern, urban, tragedy.   Cool
Rock on! Construction sites won't be shutting down will they?
(03-20-2020, 07:48 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Rock on! Construction sites won't be shutting down will they?
Shut downs will not be a surprise.  In Quebec, the labour federation has called for a complete shutdown.
Yes possible, but for how long ? Eventually people will need to make money..
Could be weeks, could be a few months, could be "on again/off again" over an extended period of time. At this stage nobody knows. The real focus for the next few weeks is trying to keep the medical care system from imploding. If shutting down cinstruction helps achieve that objective, it will be shut down.

(03-20-2020, 05:54 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Good shot of the first tower of 100 on Victoria.

Didn't notice that.  Makes me think that if you back up a little and somehow get up high in the air you could possibly catch a photo with DTK, Young Condos, Charlie West, and 100Vic all in it!
(03-20-2020, 05:05 PM)mastermind Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 05:54 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Good shot of the first tower of 100 on Victoria.

Didn't notice that.  Makes me think that if you back up a little and somehow get up high in the air you could possibly catch a photo with DTK, Young Condos, Charlie West, and 100Vic all in it!

Someone with a drone could definitely get some great shots of the skyline as it transforms, or of construction sites.
(03-20-2020, 10:01 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 07:48 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Rock on! Construction sites won't be shutting down will they?
Shut downs will not be a surprise.  In Quebec, the labour federation has called for a complete shutdown.

Found this on Zehr Group's instagram - sounds like they will still be proceeding unless they are forced to shut down!

https://www.zehrgroup.ca/2020/03/23/mess...-covid-19/
Construction workers are still thought of as disposable so I'm not surprised.
From what I noticed yesterday, they started to install glass on the 2nd & 3rd Floors. ie. Windows/Doors
(03-25-2020, 10:30 AM)LesPio Wrote: From what I noticed yesterday, they started to install glass on the 2nd & 3rd Floors. ie. Windows/Doors

(03-25-2020, 08:41 AM)clasher Wrote: Construction workers are still thought of as disposable so I'm not surprised.

I don't think that that is the reason. People still need a place to live, government buildings still need competition, roads still need repair. And their environment, while in general is very dangerous, is not kind to the virus itself. In other words, the virus threat is less than the general threat.
(03-25-2020, 03:49 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:41 AM)clasher Wrote: Construction workers are still thought of as disposable so I'm not surprised.

I don't think that that is the reason. People still need a place to live, government buildings still need competition, roads still need repair. And their environment, while in general is very dangerous, is not kind to the virus itself. In other words, the virus threat is less than the general threat.

And construction work mostly has substantial social distancing already.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »