Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watchtower Restaurant - Geek dining
Watchtower Restaurant

280 Lester St (at Hickory)
facebook - twitter - website

A new geek themed restaurant has opened up in Northdale.

I went there for dinner last night.  It was pretty good!  The decor is amazing. The food was not a disappointment.

Some banners

Lots of fun stuff on the wall and ceiling

The drink menu is beautiful

Here's an idea of the price point

Thanks. I love finding out about things like this.
I felt sure that there was a typo and that you were reporting on a new Greek restaurant.

I had never heard of such a thing as "Geek dining"- thanks! That drink menu really is fantastic.

Also, I didn't know there was a peri peri chicken place there. So doubly nice.
(04-30-2017, 04:02 PM)MidTowner Wrote: I had never heard of such a thing as "Geek dining"- thanks! That drink menu really is fantastic.

I admittedly just came up with that term.
Then I guess I have the perfect excuse. They don't seem to use a label for the theme- "Geek dining" seems as good as any likely would be.

It looks like a fun place.
Sorry, I can't dine at a restaurant that caters to both science fiction geek culture and fantasy geek culture. You have to choose!

Unless there's a section for those who make the wrong choice, like a smoker's section.
You sure it's not run by jehovah's Witness's trying to get new leads?

Looks cool!

Is that in the Sage building?
(05-01-2017, 10:31 PM)Spokes Wrote: Looks cool!

Is that in the Sage building?

Sage 5, yes.
Love the Star Trek themed drink menu! Not a cocktail person really, but i'd be hard pressed not to order a Romulan Ale.
Great place... a bit expensive (considering the student market), but they have one of the best veggie burgers around!
That drink menu is enough to get me in the door Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »