Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
Too bad that it's not right downtown, but this seems like a positive development.

The white cladding is still misaligned! I guess that's a 'heritage feature' (kidding).
Huh interesting. Anyone know if this is a relocate or a second location from the Sunrise Centre?
(02-16-2023, 03:30 PM)cherrypark Wrote: Huh interesting. Anyone know if this is a relocate or a second location from the Sunrise Centre?

It seems doubtful that they would get more traffic at this location than at Sunrise, but maybe they are saving money by moving, or they are just expanding.
(02-16-2023, 02:02 PM)KevinL Wrote: The white cladding is still misaligned! I guess that's a 'heritage feature'.

FIFY.

And yes, it's a heritage feature and couldn't be re-aligned.
Four house block on Victoria just before Strange/West intersection on the market.
(02-21-2023, 10:50 PM)cherrypark Wrote: Four house block on Victoria just before Strange/West intersection on the market.

VPNA is gonna be in shambles!

That's actually CPNA (Cherry Park) is it not?
(02-22-2023, 11:56 AM)tomh009 Wrote: That's actually CPNA (Cherry Park) is it not?

Birds of a feather. Regardless it will be interesting to see what comes of this or the parking lot for sale up between Park and Strange. I also seem to recall two lots for sale south of Victoria in the same stretch here but not really sure what happened there.
(02-22-2023, 03:24 PM)cherrypark Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 11:56 AM)tomh009 Wrote: That's actually CPNA (Cherry Park) is it not?

Birds of a feather. Regardless it will be interesting to see what comes of this or the parking lot for sale up between Park and Strange. I also seem to recall two lots for sale south of Victoria in the same stretch here but not really sure what happened there.

If the people in CPNA/VPNA actually want to put their money where their mouths are, they can purchase this property (they have more than enough collective wealth) and then they can control what is built or not built there.

So...lets put that to them...someone send them an email with the suggestion.

Because when they DON'T do that and then they object to what IS proposed...it will be fun to throw back in their faces.
(02-22-2023, 04:11 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 03:24 PM)cherrypark Wrote: Birds of a feather. Regardless it will be interesting to see what comes of this or the parking lot for sale up between Park and Strange. I also seem to recall two lots for sale south of Victoria in the same stretch here but not really sure what happened there.

If the people in CPNA/VPNA actually want to put their money where their mouths are, they can purchase this property (they have more than enough collective wealth) and then they can control what is built or not built there.

Because when they DON'T do that and then they object to what IS proposed...it will be fun to throw back in their faces.

Amazing idea! I'm sending them that now
(02-22-2023, 04:11 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 03:24 PM)cherrypark Wrote: Birds of a feather. Regardless it will be interesting to see what comes of this or the parking lot for sale up between Park and Strange. I also seem to recall two lots for sale south of Victoria in the same stretch here but not really sure what happened there.

Yes, they should buy it and make affordable housing out of it. How many units can we cram into each house?

That said R7 zoning doesn't leave the purchaser with a lot of options. At best, townhomes - maybe stacked townhomes or something like that. I am sure you could get 18 units or so in there, perhaps more. If that was the case, there would be little that the CPNA/VPNA could bitch about.
I realize off topic somewhat, something like this would dwarf Station Park (outside of Garment, only clusterof buildings in a singular project right), and even TEK Tower.

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/...-oakville/

Where could you see buildings this big go in Kit-Wat? Current parking lot accross Manulife?

I know someone knows the preliminary plans for that spot and I believe cannot say Wink

That would stick out like the Burj Khalifa in Oakville lol
I believe Polocorp has suggested that a few of their upcoming projects have a room for tower that would past 50 floors. Let them go as high as they want as long as there is a guaranteed one-for-one addition of affordable housing units vs. market rate units.

As for the Oakville project which is 150m from the GO station, I recall reading somewhere that analysts concluded that a project would have to be a minimum of 80 floors before they even got close to paying for the cost of a new transit station on the same site (as proposed by the Ford Government who wanted developers to pay for new transit).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »