Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
(02-24-2023, 06:08 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I realize off topic somewhat, something like this would dwarf Station Park (outside of Garment, only clusterof buildings in a singular project right), and even TEK Tower.

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/...-oakville/

Where could you see buildings this big go in Kit-Wat? Current parking lot accross Manulife?

I know someone knows the preliminary plans for that spot and I believe cannot say Wink

I am not sure it dwarfs Station Park, unless we're talking strictly floor height. Something to keep in mind, Oakville has a 20 floor limit and unsure if this will change .. so plenty of time for a development in KW to exceed this.

Interesting @ 80 floors. But the GO station is there so why would they need to make a new hub? Local transit too?

Haha @ Burj. Eyyy
(02-24-2023, 06:08 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I realize off topic somewhat, something like this would dwarf Station Park

The tallest building in that proposal is 58 floors. The building permit for the tallest tower in Station Park shows it has increased to 50 floors. However, the lower 10 floors are commercial/office, so that will give a height similar to a 55-60 floor pure residential building. Rather than dwarf Station Park, I think they're about the same height, and Station Park easily wins total unit count with 5 towers (vs 3).
(02-25-2023, 03:31 AM)taylortbb Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 06:08 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I realize off topic somewhat, something like this would dwarf Station Park

The tallest building in that proposal is 58 floors. The building permit for the tallest tower in Station Park shows it has increased to 50 floors. However, the lower 10 floors are commercial/office, so that will give a height similar to a 55-60 floor pure residential building. Rather than dwarf Station Park, I think they're about the same height, and Station Park easily wins total unit count with 5 towers (vs 3).

The current plan for ziggys is 60+ floors! That'll definetely dwarf downtown (young, garment, 1-victoria, cw are all in the 20-31 range)
Yeah. I can't wait until you guys can finally see 417 King West. A friend of mine works for the architecture company hired for that project. The ideas that have been thrown around have looked great.
(02-25-2023, 08:09 PM)ac3r Wrote: Yeah. I can't wait until you guys can finally see 417 King West. A friend of mine works for the architecture company hired for that project. The ideas that have been thrown around have looked great.

Vanmar going huge on the ziggys location?
Nice. Hoping to see some earth shattering architecture in place of Ziggy's!

(02-24-2023, 06:08 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I realize off topic somewhat, something like this would dwarf Station Park (outside of Garment, only clusterof buildings in a singular project right), and even TEK Tower.

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/...-oakville/

Where could you see buildings this big go in Kit-Wat? Current parking lot across Manulife?

Manulife parking lot. Uniroyal parking lot. U-Haul property. Ontario Seed property (next to Station Park!). Transit hub 2nd phase. Lots of options in the longer term.
Jeff Outhit won't be happy. He keeps going on about Waterloo being the highest city in the region...even though everything he writes about is based on old data from the last census....
Good morning, I see there is a demo crew out at the corner of Queen and Joseph taking down the old pink house. I believe the address is 178 Queen St. S.

Any ideas on what's potentially going in here?

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-27-2023, 12:53 PM)JJTL Wrote: Good morning, I see there is a demo crew out at the corner of Queen and Joseph taking down the old pink house. I believe the address is 178 Queen St. S.

A local developer bought the two houses to try to get the edge on assembling that corner for a high rise. Nothing will happen for a long time though
(02-27-2023, 01:49 PM)KaiserWilhelmsBust Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 12:53 PM)JJTL Wrote: Good morning, I see there is a demo crew out at the corner of Queen and Joseph taking down the old pink house. I believe the address is 178 Queen St. S.

A local developer bought the two houses to try to get the edge on assembling that corner for a high rise. Nothing will happen for a long time though

Right. The demolition was granted due to the unsafe condition of the building.
In this case, a vacant lot will be an improvement.

Indeed it will!
I will be happy to see that gone. It has been an eyesore for a long time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »