Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
(03-10-2020, 10:14 PM)jeremyroman Wrote: The developer seems to be HIP Developments (the terms of service say so).

Good catch. Maybe this is just a rebranding of http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...p?tid=1177

(03-10-2020, 10:40 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 10:14 PM)jeremyroman Wrote: The developer seems to be HIP Developments (the terms of service say so).

Good catch. Maybe this is just a rebranding of http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...p?tid=1177

That was my theory based on the description of the location and the fact that it's HIP. The images of The Hudson are even brightly coloured.
Is HIP behind Hudson??
I thought the Hudson was going ot be a rental.
The KW Labour Hall building appears to have renos in full swing. The upper levels have been completely gutted, and new windows installed. The ground floor units are all boarded up now (except Izna). Rumour is that a wine bar is going in on the ground floor (and not Wineology, the other wine bar going in further up King). The upper floors I assume will be tech offices.

I feel like between this building, the former Braun building becoming offices, and the opening of Workhaus at King/Eby, that the downtown tech boom is suddenly moving quite significantly into the market district. It's going to be a very different area in a year or two (as will all of DTK).

Thanks for the update taylortbb, the new windows look great.
Same thought here - those windows look great!

The building looks great but the windows were actually already replaced last spring. Smile
I hope that the ghost(s) managed to escape when the old windows were taken out .... Wink
I'll say what everyone is saying, those windows look great!
I love that they match the brickwork. That has always been a favourite building of mine, as unremarkable as it truly is.
(03-13-2020, 05:57 AM)ac3r Wrote: I love that they match the brickwork. That has always been a favourite building of mine, as unremarkable as it truly is.

Same here. I've always liked that one and the building where the Rich Uncle Tavern is. Nothing overly special about either one, but I just like them.

Vogelsang and the park around the cenetaph has been stripped. They are working with a clean slate.

Vogelsang Green from the street.
(03-14-2020, 12:31 PM)kitborn Wrote: Vogelsang and the park around the cenetaph has been stripped. They are working with a clean slate.

That’s too bad. Did they have to do that?  Shade trees are invaluable in the downtown area.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »