Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Market Flats | 7 fl | Completed
(12-02-2020, 03:00 PM)panamaniac Wrote: It’s even worse, with Golden Hearth just across the street.  Add a decent wine shop (!), a cheese shop, and a spot to nurse a flat white to that block and I’m moving there!

A flat white ay?

No underground parking, this has a parking elevator on the left and a few regular spots on the right. Entrance between the two commercial units.
(12-02-2020, 09:46 PM)plam Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 03:00 PM)panamaniac Wrote: It’s even worse, with Golden Hearth just across the street.  Add a decent wine shop (!), a cheese shop, and a spot to nurse a flat white to that block and I’m moving there!

A flat white ay?
Usually, although sometimes it’s a double shot Americano.
(12-02-2020, 11:00 PM)Lens Wrote: No underground parking, this has a parking elevator on the left and a few regular spots on the right. Entrance between the two commercial units.
I didn’t realize any commercial units were planned for this one.  They must be quite small?
Actually there is two rows of parking systems on the left side, and one on the right side with some surface parking as well. The retail units are either side of the over head garage door....with the left side also having entry to the building lobby.....
Wonder how many spots underground total...one per unit perhaps with 5 to 10 guest spots? Don't commonly see guest spots underground in rental apartments right? (I could be wrong about that namely with newer...Barrel yards for instance looks like lots of spots outdoors)
There is no underground parking at this project....there are Klaus parking systems (look it up) on both sides of the drive aisle

(12-03-2020, 02:57 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Wonder how many spots underground total...one per unit perhaps with 5 to 10 guest spots?

I don't think any of the new buildings downtown have one per unit. 0.5-0.66 spots/unit, including visitor parking, seems to be typical now.
(12-03-2020, 03:00 PM)2tall Wrote: There is no underground parking at this project....there are Klaus parking systems (look it up) on both sides of the drive aisle

Ahh ... is this the same system as OTIS is planning to use?
(12-03-2020, 06:00 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 03:00 PM)2tall Wrote: There is no underground parking at this project....there are Klaus parking systems (look it up) on both sides of the drive aisle

Ahh ... is this the same system as OTIS is planning to use?
Correct
Interesting. Are there any other buildings in the region that use a parking system like this, or is this the first?
(12-04-2020, 03:48 PM)ac3r Wrote: Interesting. Are there any other buildings in the region that use a parking system like this, or is this the first?
No first time in the region. It will be used in Otis, like i t was mentioned above.
Klaus system looks neat. Just looked it up. The future is here!

You see these things all around NYC in parking lots, some with like 5 cars stacked

Progress is not fast, but it's at least consistent.

I went by it this week. It is really looking good and I think it is going to do a lot to change the landscape and encourage more development like this...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »