Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
It seemed to me that the curbs in place were formed and painted temporary asphalt curbs.

I was on this section on Friday. From Union to Allen was the section believe, that they had CONCRETE curbs on the southbound side/east side of King Street. Temporary asphalt curbs were on the other side of the street only, as well as on both sides between Allen and William. I have photographic evidence if needed Big Grin
(11-17-2015, 10:17 AM)Waterlooer Wrote: I was on this section on Friday. From Union to Allen was the section believe, that they had CONCRETE curbs on the southbound side/east side of King Street. Temporary asphalt curbs were on the other side of the street only, as well as on both sides between Allen and William. I have photographic evidence if needed Big Grin

I noticed that too... but photo or it didn't happen
It was the NB curbs that were the permanent concrete ones, actually. All others (SB (Union to Allen, Both directions Allen to William) were temporary.

Benton is also up to grade now. Wouldn't be surprised if we see paving here today.

Also: embedded track across FDB was poured. They must need to repave the streets here, because at the height it was at, it's pretty much a speed bump.
(11-17-2015, 11:26 AM)GtwoK Wrote: Benton is also up to grade now. Wouldn't be surprised if we see paving here today.

Charles and Benton as of last night ...

Attached Files Image(s)

Good lord man, wipe your camera lens clean Wink

Kent / Charles is closed as of today until the 27th (Surprise! No warning for this one). The final curbs are being installed here, for the EB lanes, this time. Seems like Borden will be the next station to be built!
The camera's not dirty, any high-iso shot would have looked like that at night with glare.

Some great shots on the facebook group showing paving happening right now at Charles/Benton!

Iso shouldn't impact glare, just the artificial brightness. Even a slight smudge on the lens would distort the light like that, a good microfiber cloth always fixes it for me!

Where are these photos you mention? The most recent thing I see on the facebook page is the post about "The Savoury"
tomh009, your picture is fine!

As always, an imperfect picture that's posted is always better than a picture that is not posted!
My apologies, I hope I didn't come across as rude, I just realized it may not be obvious I'm joking around.

Anywho, I got a few photos of the area last night as well! There was a man walking around inside the fenced off area as well, based on the timing, maybe it was you, tomh!

[Image: dr4mEnX.jpg]

[Image: USEN3y7.jpg]
(11-17-2015, 12:43 PM)Canard Wrote: The camera's not dirty, any high-iso shot would have looked like that at night with glare.

Some great shots on the facebook group showing paving happening right now at Charles/Benton!

What Facebook group is this?
Northbound on King between John and Union you can see the concrete curb:

[Image: IMG_20151113_161832_zps7ycssptf.jpg]
(11-17-2015, 01:07 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Iso shouldn't impact glare, just the artificial brightness. Even a slight smudge on the lens would distort the light like that, a good microfiber cloth always fixes it for me!

It's just a phone camera, so poor-quality lens, small sensor, poor high-ISO performance -- and, yes, probably smudges.  Smile  I wasn't going out for photos, but decided to take a picture anyway since I was there.

I'm curious about the facebook group as well.
It's the "I support rapid transit in the region of Waterloo" facebook group where all the updates are.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »