Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-14-2016, 06:41 AM)Canard Wrote: I understand. I'm not going to talk to the person at the grocery store. I posted in the heat of the moment what I wanted to do, not what I'll actually do.

I'm sorry, and I regret my post.

Can we please move on?

Sorry, Canard, I was generalizing a little bit, was not aiming this at you specifically!

First 'o' in Waterloo is missing at KCI.
Personally, I prefer the whole thing be bricked not just the center.
Got an excellent view of the current work on Charles this morning!

From Cedar:
[Image: YicUxkb.jpg]

Eby:
[Image: mIfkJuO.jpg]

A bit closer:
[Image: oDm96eH.png]

Right at the action!
[Image: SATKB3U.jpg]
[Image: l7VjxBd.png]

Not sure why this gap is here - they went right up to the old pour on the northbound side when it went in yesterday.
[Image: maFF4Wk.jpg]
Then, I got the bird's-eye look from the parking garage.

Down Charles:
[Image: dxsuwVQ.png]

[Image: 2woA1b1.jpg]

Benton at King:
[Image: jXlrETT.jpg]

And, the interminable Charles and Queen:
[Image: KbIqnIr.jpg]
As always, thanks for your photo update, Kevin!
Looks like no plans for fresh pouring on Charles today. Lots of prep work - welding, rebar placement, etc.
Francis from King to Duke (as well as both of those intersections) shut down a week from Monday, for 4 months.

Once Victoria has to shut down, what does that mean for traffic? Where could it conceivably go? Literally all traffic from downtown Kitchener , OR anyone who has to cross Kitchener (via Victoria) will have to go down Joseph and along Water. And that's assuming Water isn't still shut down too. Can those roads handle ALL that traffic?

I think it's best to just avoid driving anywhere near downtown.
(04-15-2016, 02:01 PM)timc Wrote: I think it's best to just avoid driving anywhere near downtown.

During the construction, too.

(rimshot)
My problem is I live at one end of Victoria and work at the other Sad

Commuting is hell
If only there were a convenient rail based commuting option parallel to Victoria...

One can dream.
(04-15-2016, 03:03 PM)timio Wrote: If only there were a convenient rail based commuting option parallel to Victoria...

One can dream.

Why would it have to be rail based?

Too bad we don't have a crosstown bus traveling the length of Victoria, though.
Just the convenience of the parallel rail line. And not having to deal with the unpredictable nature of traffic.

I apologize for getting off-topic, but a dedicated bus line avoids the unpredictable nature of traffic, too.

You're right, some kind of a rail transit near Victoria would be great.
Agreed on all fronts.

Back to Ion, has any timeline been established for when Victoria will be closing for work?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »