Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
This may have been discussed and I just forgot, but I noticed this evening driving down King that there is an advance green for people heading south on King to U-turn at Mt. Hope. It's a neat idea, although the time for it seemed rather generous.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the anchor wall at Conestoga Mall is now up. Very colourful!
(04-10-2017, 08:07 PM)KevinL Wrote: Curiously, the pattern at Kitchener Market has changed since the council approval.

Just a little - I wonder about the change too, but I don't think the Region is trying to do something sneaky.

Thankfully that All-Caps lettering is a thing of the past - blech!  I can't look past that.

It's so fun seeing these pop up! Collect them All!
At least the all-caps lettering is straight. :-P
(04-10-2017, 09:11 PM)jamincan Wrote: This may have been discussed and I just forgot, but I noticed this evening driving down King that there is an advance green for people heading south on King to U-turn at Mt. Hope. It's a neat idea, although the time for it seemed rather generous.

Yeah, the advance greens on that stretch of King are pretty aggressive. Throughput on King is going to be pretty low until they shorten that advance signal. They may want to stagger them a little in a green wave too.
(04-11-2017, 10:58 AM)Markster Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 09:11 PM)jamincan Wrote: This may have been discussed and I just forgot, but I noticed this evening driving down King that there is an advance green for people heading south on King to U-turn at Mt. Hope. It's a neat idea, although the time for it seemed rather generous.

Yeah, the advance greens on that stretch of King are pretty aggressive. Throughput on King is going to be pretty low until they shorten that advance signal.  They may want to stagger them a little in a green wave too.

Given the behaviour of all of the signals I've seen, I don't think they have the sensors hooked up (or configured) yet.  They seem to simply be operating on a full cycle every time.
Not the best video, but was expecting this to happen

What happened?
Molds are off the traffic barrier on Frederick. The colour on it isn't the best - that might resolve over time, or maybe they'll apply a coating.

[Image: 1gPqi4l.jpg]

[Image: glz95Lz.jpg]
Lord, that's ugly!
The wood forms probably just got soaked. Give it a week or two and some power-washing and I'm sure it will be fine. Smile The world is filled with concrete.
What is the point of that barrier? Why a barrier here and not elsewhere? Forgive me if this has already been answered.

(and yes, it looks pretty ugly as of now)
It is to prevent people from falling over into traffic (and from jaywalking over to the platform).

(04-12-2017, 12:09 PM)Canard Wrote: It is to prevent people from falling over into traffic (and from jaywalking over to the platform).

And, most important, to give GRT and the Region some "litigation cover" against those who sue after climbing over the barrier and getting hit by a vehicle.  Wink
If I'm not mistaken I think this is the only single track stop which lands in the middle of the road. All others are double sided platforms or are on the side of the road.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »