Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
[Image: h4ytUGy.jpg]

[Image: qzDDb3m.jpg][Image: YeNkEYE.jpg][Image: 1jkXSCV.jpg][Image: hgsHZQW.jpg]Not sure how I feel about the red panelling on the store/restaurant fronts?
Looks topped out at 28
A site is now up for phase 2 (towers C and D):

duoliving.ca

There are renders here which look quite rectangular, compared to the more angular concepts in the overall site plan documents. 
[Image: PIeuqgY.png]
[Image: WxW7NHW.png]
[Image: TIp71JZ.png][Image: bkC9P0o.png]
There are a ton of discrepancies between the sketches, renders and actual architectural drawings. I'd trust the architectural drawings the most since that's likely going to be the most accurate representation of what they're building. The sketches and renders have gone through so many iterations over the course of this project.
I was liking the shape of the previous version, but these look pretty clean. I also count 40 floors and 36 floors in the render as opposed to the 36 floors and 32 in previous render/drawings. Vanmar has hinted at 40 floors on their Twitter and Instagram accounts for this phase. Maybe this will give us a height bump as well
I like the square versions much better then the sketch render. The render version just had too many things going on with the shape and the balcony materials changing 2/3 of the way up.

[attachment=8188]
(03-18-2022, 11:34 AM)Lebronj23 Wrote: I was liking the shape of the previous version, but these look pretty clean. I also count 40 floors and 36 floors in the render as opposed to the 36 floors and 32 in previous render/drawings. Vanmar has hinted at 40 floors on their Twitter and Instagram accounts for this phase. Maybe this will give us a height bump as well

Good catch!
Podium in the renders looks pretty bland, particularly for carrying forward the idea of park square in the middle. Would have liked to see them making a more substantial attempt to activate the ground level a bit considering this could be a pretty interesting community hub north of the tracks if it were done right.
(03-17-2022, 09:24 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Looks topped out at 28

I also thought the second tower was topped out, but looks like they’re pouring the walls of another floor today.
(03-21-2022, 03:05 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 09:24 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Looks topped out at 28

I also thought the second tower was topped out, but looks like they’re pouring the walls of another floor today.

Mechanical?
(03-22-2022, 11:53 PM)Bjays93 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 03:05 PM)CP42 Wrote: I also thought the second tower was topped out, but looks like they’re pouring the walls of another floor today.

Mechanical?
[Image: 4Bz1HBf.jpg]
This morning

On second look the first two storeys are marked 1B lobby and 1B upper. Which would make this 29 technically plus mechanical so I think this new floor they are pouring is the last full storey 

I emailed the City for clarification on phase 2 and they got back to me with an updated site plan.(just this page)  This confirms the increase in floors

Building C = 36 floors, 115m 
Building D = 40 floors, 127m

[attachment=8197]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »