Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
(03-15-2021, 07:19 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 02:11 PM)ac3r Wrote: Duke Tower will be just shy of 128 meters.

Emporis and SkyscraperPage tend to list building heights, but currently the easiest place to find them is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ta...nicipality

I updated this Wikipedia page a few months ago Smile it was so outdated. I feel the WRC community could keep it updated and recent

Oh, well thanks for adding to it. I went ahead and made a few edits to it to reflect a few other proposed projects.

Maybe once the weather warms up a bit I'll slowly add a photo to each building. Others could contribute photos they have too. Edit: I added a Photo column to it, so feel free to add photos if you have any.

(03-15-2021, 07:47 PM)catarctica Wrote: It’s a beautiful list. We are actually farting pretty well against Hamilton and London too.

I beg your pardon?   Smile
(03-16-2021, 09:29 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 07:47 PM)catarctica Wrote: It’s a beautiful list. We are actually farting pretty well against Hamilton and London too.

I beg your pardon?   Smile

LOL.  In the words of Monty Python,  I fart in your general direction...  I hope Hamilton and London aren't offended...
(03-16-2021, 09:34 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 09:29 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I beg your pardon?   Smile

LOL.  In the words of Monty Python,  I fart in your general direction...  I hope Hamilton and London aren't offended...

I meant to type fared well but got autocorrected lmao. Will still leave it for fun. But yeah we have so many more new towers than the neighbour cities. Looks like ion is working as expected. Smile
Indeed it is working...The ION

Emporis and SkyscraperPage tend to list building heights, but currently the easiest place to find them is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ta...nicipality
That list is still very out of date I think. I've used emporis for the heights anyway.

Edit: missed the other comment that another member here helped update it. Thanks random stranger!
(03-16-2021, 10:50 AM)Bjays93 Wrote:

That list is still very out of date I think. I've used emporis for the heights anyway.

Edit: missed the other comment that another member here helped update it. Thanks random stranger!

I did spot 144/155 on the project list, I expect they should be moved to the completed buildings list.

(03-16-2021, 03:01 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 10:50 AM)Bjays93 Wrote: That list is still very out of date I think. I've used emporis for the heights anyway.

I did spot 144/155 on the project list, I expect they should be moved to the completed buildings list.

As Charles is architecturally topped out shall we move it to completed?
(03-16-2021, 08:33 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 03:01 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I did spot 144/155 on the project list, I expect they should be moved to the completed buildings list.

Not a complete building yet though. Smile

But there are probably some others on the project list that are complete, too.
I would not be inclined to mark a building complete until at least occupancy commences?
(03-16-2021, 08:33 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 03:01 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I did spot 144/155 on the project list, I expect they should be moved to the completed buildings list.

Generally when its topped out I switch it from being marked as under construction (U/C) to topped out (T/O) and then complete once the whole building is open for occupancy
Oh man seeing all of those WonderfulWaterloo references on there haha
Update from 3/27/2021

First floor on tower 1 and 2 are going up quickly! The crew was working hard on Saturday (and blasting some tunes)

Station Park with Garment/100 in the background.

Construction was at full speed yesterday -  4/19/2021

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »