Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Q Condos (20 Queen St N) | 34 fl | Proposed
(06-08-2022, 02:08 PM)ac3r Wrote: That would require the City of Kitchener to care about cultural funding in the city... :'P It would make a nice venue for things, but yeah, when it comes to arts and culture...who would honestly fund a project like that? It would probably require some significant structural changes to be able to remove the second floor to increase the volume and that would be costly to achieve - though not impossible. I'd love to see architectural drawings of the place to figure it out (though honestly, my PhD was more focused on design and theory rather than engineering, so I might not even know).

Hopefully - if this condo does not go ahead and the building itself is preserved - it doesn't just fall into disrepair due to lack of use/investment. It's honestly a gorgeous structure so I hope we don't lose it.

If the development doesn't go ahead, the heritage building is 100% lost. The developer has spent millions and will walk before doing some social heritage vanity project
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-03-2021, 01:11 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by Bjays93 - 04-03-2021, 02:17 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by Chris - 04-03-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-03-2021, 02:48 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by tomh009 - 04-03-2021, 03:14 PM
RE: Q Condos (20 Queen St N) | 34 fl | Proposed - by KaiserWilhelmsBust - 06-08-2022, 02:15 PM