Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed
(06-22-2022, 01:13 AM)urbd Wrote: Urban planner in recovery here. After having worked for almost 10 years in these types of projects, I know that this outcome was expected and obviously already built into the developer's pro forma. It was so extreme to begin with so that they can come back with HALF the height (which honestly makes more sense at this location) and get an instant approval. Mark my words.

What exactly makes it "extreme"...and why would half the height make more sense?

Half the height is half the housing, and this corner is intended for high density.

The proposed buildings are large, but in no way exceptional for the region today. The tallest building in this development wouldn't even be the tallest building in the region today, let alone in 5 years when it's finished. The shorter two wouldn't even break the top 10 list.

The city is growing up a 20-30 storey building isn't 'extreme' in my opinion and this location is exactly where dense development was planned for.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed - by danbrotherston - 06-22-2022, 01:29 AM