10-25-2022, 05:02 PM
(10-25-2022, 04:06 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: The tree cutting and sidewalk (aka parking) replacement is continuing down the street. Looking out the window of Matter of Taste throughout this summer, seeing the reasonably sized tree in front of the City Center podium is one of the first times I thought downtown looked nice. Does anyone know how I can pursue more information about why this is happening? If it's because our sidewalk had to accommodate cars and they destroy everything they touch, I want to make my voice heard. If it's for some more understandable reason, I will shut up.
The only explanation I've seen from the city is https://twitter.com/CityKitchener/status...1416521729 . So I think we can expect this to continue for all of Frederick - Francis.
I think our cities are way too fast to say "oh trees are dying, replace them", when caring for trees properly would cost more. At the same time, I suspect caring for the trees better needed to be done years ago, and it's probably too late to do anything now.
The pavers they're replacing do look at lot better, the older pavers are in pretty rough shape.

