Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
459 Mill St | 15, 21, 31, 40 and 44 fl | Proposed
I'm sorry but rockway should not be going anywhere, period. There is an abundance of parking lots, low rise commercial and residential as well as shabby, rundown and abandoned lots to be developed, and even if there wasn't rockway is a beautiful green space close to downtown.

Get rid of the golf course if you must (though personally I think it would be a shame) but it must remain greenspace.

On the note of golf being a dying sport that is a remnant of the American dream. Really? Golf is a fun and casual sport to play, yes there's a cost barrier I get that but considering golf a relic is rediculous. I'm 20 and have tons of friends who play, some regularly others only from time to time. And yes I get it I'm privileged and many of my friends are too but the point is there are plenty of young people who still enjoy the game and rockway is a great place to go do that at a reasonable price (no more money than going to the theatres or out for dinner, you pick and choose what you're willing to spend on)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 459 Mill St | 11, 14, 21, 27, 29 and 32 fl | Proposed - by Bjays93 - 01-31-2023, 03:52 PM