Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
459 Mill St | 15, 21, 31, 40 and 44 fl | Proposed
I guess we'll just have to see. I'm a cynic by nature, so until I see the words Approved then I never have any serious expectations. We're talking about a bunch of skyscrapers in the middle of a low rise neighbourhood in Kitchener here. Even without a neighbourhood association, there is likely to be some pushback.

One thing is that renters can also be NIMBYs because projects like this illustrate the land values of an area. When you rent, the last thing you want to start seeing are skyscrapers going up on the next block because that means whoever they rent from might consider selling to developers to cash in. Unless what replaces something going to be affordable to the people that currently live in any given neighbourhood, it's very unfair.

I want to see it approved, though. It looks great. And if it's a success, the developer plans to expand it by purchasing the property east of Delta Elevator and building 2 additional towers.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 459 Mill St | 15, ??, 21, 27, 29 and 44 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 03-01-2023, 02:00 PM