Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lower Kitchener (534 Charles St E) | 32, 27, 15 fl | Proposed
(01-30-2024, 03:11 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 09:12 AM)mastermind Wrote: I don't think this is a NEO project anymore.  The style of the renderings and their backgrounds are pretty different this time around.

It's still NEO. They're credited in the documents.

Those renderings only look different and more bare bones because they're preliminary. If they were being used for marketing material then they would have more post-processing and detail applied to them but these were just made to include in the planning submission documents.

Renderings will look different depending on which software they were created in and why they were created. Most CAD software has some ability to make renderings, albeit with less detail and the results tend to look like these...just enough detail to offer a visual perspective of the project. For marketing relating renders, it is more common to use a software like V-Ray or Maxwell that can integrate into most CAD software (ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Rhinoceros 3D and so on) since you have much greater control over things. Then of course they tend to get extra post-processing in something like Photoshop.

I have no idea what NEO uses, but you can tell this is their work based on the stylistic choices. Or...lack thereof, I suppose. It's odd because NEO Architecture may not be winning anything like the Aga Khan or Pritzker Awards but they are at least capable of making something that looks at least coherent. The 459 Mill project is an example, which at least appears as if it'll look alright, drawing influence from English and Dutch architecture. This project is just completely wack, sadly. How anyone in that office looked at this and said yeah this is perfect is mind boggling haha.

I only spent two minutes looking through the docs...but found this...mastermind might be right???     ...scandal....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lower Kitchener | 32f ++ | Proposed - by ac3r - 09-23-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Lower Kitchener (534 Charles St E) | 32, 27, 15 fl | Proposed - by 2tall - 01-30-2024, 10:15 PM