08-27-2024, 06:26 PM
(08-23-2024, 12:23 PM)taylortbb Wrote:(08-22-2024, 10:55 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: The development does not propose any commercial spaces so the ground floor contains the lobby, move in room etc, as well as residential units (fronting Victoria).
It feels shortsighted to not have any retail here, and instead have large lawns. It's definitely not a retail corridor today, but with the other Victoria/Park proposal opposite it... the feel of the corner will be very weird with major commercial space on one side, and ground floor residential on the opposite.
This was what I first thought. But as much as I don't like it, I get it. Ac3r is right...
(08-23-2024, 06:59 PM)ac3r Wrote: No developer is going to risk putting in commercial space that is likely to sit vacant for half a decade. There's simply no demand anymore to risk it. Many of the projects I've been involved in this year in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary etc have significantly reduced the amount of planned commercial space, with two outright getting rid of all of it. And that's in real Canadian cities. The demand locally has been shot, unfortunately.
Want to support Waterloo Region Connected? Get a Premium Membership

