12-03-2024, 05:45 PM
What is the lowest rise building in there proposed to be used for?
The reason I say focus on things that bring people together and quite frankly make DTK look nicer and desirable, is because I believe there are enoihh vacant business spaces to satisfy office needs for the next little bit. I also believe there are enough condo units in the pipeline. We run the risk of being just pure condo units and not driving what should be a cultural and entertainment CENTRAL for Kitchener.
Let's be honest. To outsiders (and literally to Kitchener folk in the 'burbs), DTK is not considered a first-class Canadian town. I'm thinking we change this.
We leverage the Greenspace already in existence at Victoria Park (an amazing and well laid out urban park, with water feature), and we maximize this space for something that says 'wow'.
Condo units are not going to wow anyone. Especially the kind we like to design in KW.
Am I alone in this?
The reason I say focus on things that bring people together and quite frankly make DTK look nicer and desirable, is because I believe there are enoihh vacant business spaces to satisfy office needs for the next little bit. I also believe there are enough condo units in the pipeline. We run the risk of being just pure condo units and not driving what should be a cultural and entertainment CENTRAL for Kitchener.
Let's be honest. To outsiders (and literally to Kitchener folk in the 'burbs), DTK is not considered a first-class Canadian town. I'm thinking we change this.
We leverage the Greenspace already in existence at Victoria Park (an amazing and well laid out urban park, with water feature), and we maximize this space for something that says 'wow'.
Condo units are not going to wow anyone. Especially the kind we like to design in KW.
Am I alone in this?

