04-19-2025, 10:33 PM
(03-24-2025, 12:26 PM)dunkalunk Wrote:(03-24-2025, 10:24 AM)timc Wrote: I've noticed, in the opposite direction, that EB 7/8 to Hwy 8 is dangerous in the mornings. One time, a few months back, I tried to get on the highway at Courtland to drive to Waterloo. Merging at highway speed, to slow down to zero to merge into the line of cars waiting to exit, to then back up to >115 km/h to merge into the third lane made my life flash before my eyes. I won't make that mistake again.
I'm not sure why the ramp lane from courtland disappears just to reappear again after the curve for the highway 8 eastbound ramp. Probably would need to acquire some homes on Shelley Pl to keep that lane in place.
I'm pretty sure that's intentional, they don't want incoming cars to stay in that lane and accidentally end up in the exist lane.

