12-11-2015, 12:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 12:09 PM by panamaniac.)
(12-11-2015, 11:43 AM)Spokes Wrote:(12-11-2015, 11:23 AM)panamaniac Wrote: You could not pay me enough to be on the Iron Horse or any other unlit trail after dark, let alone after 11pm. Talk about asking for trouble!
I would tend to agree with you, although it's a shame this is where we're at.
Is the goal of the lights to not only light the trail, but also to make it feel safer?
Well, lighting is an important element of public safety, so I would say it is actually the main reason to light a recreational trail.
By the way, I see that they are putting in a crosswalk on Stirling at Homer Watson - it seems to be intended to knit together the trail in Lakeside Park with the one that follows Shoemaker Creek out by the soccer fields off Homer Watson.

