Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Canada building (Water/Duke)
(01-22-2016, 10:51 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 09:45 AM)ookpik Wrote: AFAIK Bell pays their property taxes, clears snow off their sidewalks and otherwise behaves as a good citizens.

If this is the sum total of our expectations for downtown properties, we really have it good today.  I think these statements are true for more than 95% of the commercial properties in the downtown core.  Including the parking lots.

WADR why do you think you should have any expectations of other peoples' properties when those people already fulfill their civic obligations? Sure, I'd like every property to be an urban planning award winning architectural marvel. But it's just not going to happen.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm genuinely curious. 

My own preference is to direct more attention to the 5% (by your reckoning) who aren't fulfilling their basic civic obligations. Let's do that first.

(I suspect that Bell does far more than the minimum by way of donating to local charities, e.g. Let’s Talk, but that's beside the point.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Bell Canada building (Water/Duke) - by tomh009 - 01-21-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Bell Canada building (Water/Duke) - by JoeKW - 01-21-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Bell Canada building (Water/Duke) - by mpd618 - 01-21-2016, 11:42 PM
RE: Bell Canada building (Water/Duke) - by ookpik - 01-22-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Bell Canada building (Water/Duke) - by ookpik - 01-22-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: Bell Canada building (Water/Duke) - by ookpik - 01-22-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Bell Canada building (Water/Duke) - by REnerd - 01-22-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Bell Canada building (Water/Duke) - by EdM - 01-22-2016, 12:05 AM