Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(04-29-2016, 11:10 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Of their various complaints, the one I discounted was that the schnitzel was "too thick" - I think that is not unusual for local pork schnitzel as I've experienced that myself at other locations in the Region.

I can't speak for the metro but a few of the local German clubs buy their pork already sliced and "mechanically tenderized" (I don't know the technical term for this but it's full of holes) so it's hard to use a hammer and flatten them completely without the meat falling to pieces. When I used to make schnitzels at these places the hardest thing to do was to get them thin without the pork falling into shreds. Years ago I made some at home with sliced pork loin and got it a lot thinner but it's a lot more work and I would imagine the time and labour would make the cost a bit too high for a lot people.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by clasher - 04-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM