Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(08-17-2016, 08:40 PM)timc Wrote: The impression I get from previous discussion is that things are "ok" with Transport Canada until you go and make any changes to the track. So all the new spur line track being put in for ION has all the bells and whistles (literally!), but the spur line trail is allowed to co-exist with the track with no fences at all. Am I wrong about this? And if the spur line were to be reconstructed, would it need fencing to separate it from the trail? If this is so, would it even be possible to have an informal trail running between King and Regina if the track were moved, or would additional safeguards need to be installed?

Speed and frequency was also an issue. As far as I know, there is standing go-slow order for the track south of King Street due to the track condition and the types of crossings involved. Since the track north of King Street to Northfield is being built to allow much faster and more frequent movement, the fences and other safeguards were needed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by nms - 08-18-2016, 12:49 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM