Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
15 minute with reduced trains is optimistic. I'm expecting closer to 30 minute headways with anything less than the full compliment.

I have the day off so was (finally!) able to see some mid-day action instead of just barren construction sites after-hours.

Some guys working on the Cameron crossover this morning but nowhere near a concrete pour. Still missing welds. No forms or anything here either so that is not something happening in the next few days.

Unfortunately the Allen and Northfield platforms are both having their edges demolished for the grounding rework. The good thing is that Northfield has its station structure up.

Anchor wall hardware is sitting on-site at Cedar/Kitchener Market.

The real action is at Conestoga - I bet there are 100 people on site. I've never seen so much activity before! A big pour is happening there.

Northfield is looking great and getting cleaned up.

On King, between Union and Wellington, they have finally removed almost all of the orange barrels. Believe it or not but this is the step that really makes a section look "finished". As a cyclist, I hugely appreciate this, too, because those barrels ate up a good metre of rideable space in what is already a narrow corridor.

I can't believe it's almost done. Too fast!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 10-06-2016, 11:34 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM