Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I notice there are a lot of left turn restrictions for drivers on Caroline and King now that the roads are reopening. Makes sense given there is only space for a single lane now but will be interesting to see how it affects traffic patterns. Here are the ones I can remember:

King NB to Allen WB (sign is currently covered since William is closed)
Caroline NB to William WB
Caroline NB to Erb WB (this will get a lot of people who aren't familiar with the area, hopefully they put something at FDB telling people to turn there)
Caroline SB to Willis Way EB and William EB (not sure what the alternatives are here if you aren't coming from Erb)
King SB to John EB
King SB to Union EB -- this one surprised me a bit, there is a dedicated right turn lane and Union is a relatively major road. There is a u turn signal at Mt hope to come back around if you're desperate.

Also, no left turns from pine onto king. They must have decided signs weren't enough because they built a concrete island to physically block it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by bpoland - 10-08-2016, 12:15 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM