Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
5/6 - Sunday, December 4, 2016

Waterloo Town Centre station area.

Even though I'm still primarily a motorist, I still can't help but think these very few spaces along King could have been better used as bike lanes.  There are hundreds of spots just the other side of the building - did the extra ~10 spots on King really make that much of an improvement?

The lubricators on King at Union are now connected... but still just sitting there.  I would have expected they would be installed inside an enclosure, or the cables would be protected... I'm thinking this is all temporary, but curious what the final solution will look like. (The hatch on top is where you refill them, the hatch on the side gives access to the pump and battery, and yes, I read the manual for them Smile )

King St. Grade Separation.  Paving was being done on Friday here, I believe. Also, note the railings on the railway bridge/platforms!

Looking North on King, near Wellington.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 12-04-2016, 01:16 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM