11-26-2014, 11:08 AM
(11-26-2014, 10:56 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: I believe they may have "names," but the names have to be (or should have to be) unmistakable. What does "Berlin" mean? Kitchener? Which stop in Kitchener? Why do I want to get off at that stop? Street names are the consistent ones for wayfinding, unless it's a permanent, large-scale destination, like University of Waterloo, or Intermodal Transit Hub. If I can mistake it for anything, or can look at a system map and feel like I have no idea where I'd want to go or where or what a stop is, I won't use it.
We talked about station names at Wonderful Waterloo a few times. I remember specifically a discussion about the stop at King and Pine- I am in favour of a name that includes the moniker "Midtown," but others said that it should reference the hospital as the main trip generator.
I agree with you that they need to be obviously meaningful- "Berlin" or even "Old Berlin," I think would be very cool, but it would not convey a lot of information to most riders, so isn't ideal.

