Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc)
(12-21-2016, 08:38 PM)darts Wrote: If you make no income you cant afford a car to drive around and didn't buy gas for the car and didn't pay to register it, and aren't contributing to health care either which we don't give to everyone and isn't free. 

This whole thread is beyond stupid, it's like no one has ever lived out in the sticks and realized that roads are a needed part of life, of course I guess we can not tar and chip roads out to farms, who needs them.

I prefer my 30 minute drive to waterloo than my 2 hour trip on the bus..

Now it's you on the defensive. And frankly, lots of people who don't have an income have cars. That's simply not true.

And I have lived out in the sticks, and it's sad that there are no other options for people to get around, and I advocate fixing that.

And as I've said a number of times, your 2 hour bus trip vs. 30 minute drive has far less to due with transit vs. cars, but instead 60 years of investment and policies favoring one, vs. the other.

But you are right, this conversation is getting stupid, because you are continually being defensive when it is pointed out that driving is so much better because it has been favored, and that it is heavily subsidized.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc) - by nms - 02-20-2018, 01:53 PM
RE: Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc) - by nms - 02-23-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by danbrotherston - 12-21-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: Urban parks - by danbrotherston - 01-29-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-29-2018, 06:24 PM
RE: Urban parks - by creative - 01-29-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-29-2018, 09:19 PM
RE: Urban parks - by SammyOES - 01-30-2018, 09:42 AM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-30-2018, 11:16 AM