Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
4/4 - Sunday, April 30, 2017

I wasn't going to jump into the nitpicking bandwagon, but this is pretty bad. Smile I might have to email Pride Signs.

Platform edge work at Northfield.

At the LRV offloading, I talked at length with a CN or CP employee (can't remember) who was retired, and used to operate Harsco track tampers. He told me a funny story about how the GrandLinq guys are "new to them" and "haven't figured out how to end curves properly". He mentioned there was a particularly bad section around the Northfield station and I should check it out sometime. He said there's a technique that takes a while to get the hang of to smooth out the starts and ends of the curves, but they hadn't done that in a bunch of spots... I finally got around to checking it out today, and sure enough, he's right! The curve overshoots quite a bit here. Won't really matter for the slow and jerky freight trains that go along here, but it made me smile remembering him telling me about it when I noticed it today.

I really can't wait for this to get fixed up. It just looks like such crap through here. Sad

Waterloo Town Square station.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 04-30-2017, 03:47 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM