Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-09-2017, 05:50 PM)Canard Wrote: No no, it was always Fall of 2017.

Top surface concrete pour happening right now at Laurier - Waterloo Park!!

I bicycled by on my way home. It looked like they were brooming something onto the already-poured layer of concrete prior to pouring the new layer. Some sort of glue, perhaps? Platform edges in place and looking good.

Also Waterloo Town Square parking lot is coming along. They are booting the freight track from King St. all the way over to the crossing in the parking lot. Will that be the multi-use trail? If so that’s creative, although I can’t help but feel that this is the location where they should have used flangeway filler strips — bicycles travelling parallel to the tracks will have to be extremely careful, just as they need between King and Regina.

On a related note, it seems that a derailer is to be installed on the spur line just south/east of William/Willow. The track up to that point has had continuity wires installed, and there is a section insulator and two long ties at that location ready to accept the derailer installation. I’m expecting this will be integrated with the signal system and other switches, including the gauntlet track switches, to de-activate the derailer exactly when the system is in freight mode.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 05-09-2017, 06:23 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM