Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-28-2017, 11:00 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: The record is also reporting that all vehicles will arrive by December.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/739...destrians/

Also, King St. is officially open to pedestrians.  Ironically, this may add almost 1 km to my walk home, as I will now detour to see it Tongue.

The Record story may be some indication of where the vehicle completion confusion comes from. It quotes Thomas Schmidt saying that “progress is being made” on vehicles 3-9, and that “the remaining vehicles” should arrive by the end of the year. The “remaining” vehicles could be all the remaining vehicles, or it could be, of the ones just discussed on which progress is being made, those that have not yet arrived. So based on this either 570 could be confused or Tom Galloway could be confused.

My inclination is that “remaining” means all the vehicles, including the ones whose construction has not yet started, meaning 570 is confused.

I was going to say “without a clear statement from Bombardier, we won’t know”, but in fact given the history we won’t know the situation until the vehicles are in service. Although if I start to see regular deliveries taking place I’ll start to become pretty optimistic that the project will actually complete.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 06-29-2017, 07:12 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM