Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I suppose one good thing about the delay in the start of revenue service is that it is a shorter time to wait for improved headways* and longer service hours in 2021 (of course that assumes we have 16 vehicles by then).

I would almost be willing to tolerate 10min headways if it meant better service on the weekends and evenings. I think part of that is that going 8min headways during the week to 30min headways on weekends (a 275% increase!) is such a huge increase in wait time compared to going from say 10min to 20min (a 100% increase). It is like getting a new computer or phone; suddenly your old one seems (and actually is) so much slower you never use it again even though still does everything you need it to.

I question the accuracy and currency of those baseline service tables. For instance, the chart version of 2017-2020 Saturday service shows service terminating at 10-10:30pm, but the table version shows service terminating at 11:30pm (which is still early I think). Plus, the assumption is that every trip will take 46min, which they won't know until they get the trains and signals out and working.

*Some time periods get more frequent service others get less frequent (e.g. Saturday nights headways actually increase earlier in the evening, but service runs longer in to the night)
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Pheidippides - 09-13-2017, 07:48 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM