Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account




Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-06-2017, 11:33 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 11:21 AM)BrianT Wrote: I see Grandlinq working on the tracks or catenary nearly every day on one section or another. If people park illegally, they would either have to order them all towed away when they need to do something or they can't get their work done.

This.

I also fundamentally believe we can't encourage bad behaviour, or currently-illegal-but-not-yet-as-consequential-as-it-will-become behaviour. The idea of "oh the trains aren't here right now, and I don't see a GrandLinq crew here at this exact instant, I can park here" is the same mentality of someone who parks illegally in an accessibility parking space. And both are wrong. And with several thousand parking spaces in uptown, there is zero excuse.

Welcome to every driver who parks in a bike lane.  

I've biked up behind a driver who was parking in a bike lane, and getting out of their car, and when I objected they said with a straight face "nobody is using it".  Hard not to feel invisible at that point.
Reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »



Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)

About Waterloo Region Connected

Launched in August 2014, Waterloo Region Connected is an online community that brings together all the things that make Waterloo Region great. Waterloo Region Connected provides user-driven content fueled by a lively discussion forum covering topics like urban development, transportation projects, heritage issues, businesses and other issues of interest to those in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and the four Townships - North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot, and Woolwich.

              User Links