Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
503 left Fairway about 45 minutes ago. Hard to follow! 15 km/h doesn’t seem fast but even in a car it’s almost impossible. Likely passing through Mill right about now. Signal guy is poised at Ottawa so they’re likely coming up the Ottawa way (not Borden).

About to pass through Kitchener Market station.

Curve onto Frederick!

...and onto Duke!

That's it for me today.  I was so glad to have been able to catch it just as it was leaving Fairway!  I totally didn't expect to see it at all today when I left the office.  It left Fairway about 5 minutes after I arrived.  Beautiful day.  It's really hard to follow, even though it's only moving at 15 km/h.  In a car, the challenge is traffic and lights and finding a place to pull over, etc.  On a bike, it's almost just as hard, because of pedestrians, traffic signals, etc. (Waterloo Park reconstruction)... Once they ramp up the speeds, it'll be nearly impossible to chase a single LRV.

If you’re wondering: yes, the LRV is coming back up North along the Southbound tracks. That’s because there was track equipment parked on the Northbound tracks on the Huron Spur. They used the Mill crossover to switch back to the NB tracks. So, the segment of NB track between Mill and Fairway remain the only sections of the entire route not yet passed over.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 02-16-2018, 05:32 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM