Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Due to some unfortunate mechanical troubles with my bike, I didn't make it out to the line until about 1:15 today.  I encountered a Keolis crew at the R&T Park stop, who helpfully informed me that they were doing brake tests again today and that the best place to watch them from was either the Weber St overpass or Old Albert pedestrian crossing.  I split the difference and went to the park off Glenelm Cres, where I caught 503 as it proceeded through the crossover to the OMSF to bed down for the night.  (This "testing wraps at 2:00 p.m." policy is wearing thin on me!)

I'm pretty sure it was doing more than the 15 km/h test limit they've been travelling at so far:

(Sorry for the shaky video, I was playing with a new DSLR which clearly needs a tripod to do videos while zoomed.   Sad  )
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by KevinT - 03-01-2018, 05:49 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM