Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion
(08-01-2018, 11:58 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 07:52 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Lol, you're right about that.

I guess we're giving voters the benefit of the doubt in understanding that a conflict of interest may prevent him from doing things.

Is it a given that having an interest near Phase I would necessarily translate into a conflict of interest issue wrt Phase II?  I know they must try to avoid even the appearance of conflict, but that seems a stretch to me.  In the case of Aissa, if he opposes Phase II, how does that translate into a conflict?

If Phase II was a completely separate line there wouldn't be even the appearance of a conflict. However since he owns property on the existing line, his voting on the extension of that line would be, even if it's just the appearance of a conflict. This would be because decisions made wrt Phase II would affect various aspects of Phase I.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion - by trainspotter139 - 08-01-2018, 04:49 PM