Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Apparently we haven't yet hit peak signage around the Ion stations:

There are so many signs now that I think people just tune all of them out. The ugliest one has to be that route 5 purple and gold one on the Willis Station platform.

The west side of this crossing at Caroline and FDB, which is misplaced to begin with, got a curb cut and concrete probably a month ago and is still closed:

I would agree with the comment about the break-down in communication being the issue, not the actual delay itself. Delays, especially in big projects, happen, especially when things like the corduroy road happen; project managers can only plan for so much of the unexpected in to a buffer, but once it is clear that there is going to be a delay then own it and move on to solving the problem. Don't hide the problem and hope that it will magically right itself.

The fact that we are on the same order of magnitude of delay as Ottawa's project despite the fact that Ottawa's was much, much, more complex is a bit demoralizing.

I've said before that I don't expect any further delays will be purposely announced until after the election, but it should be clear to anyone not wearing rose-coloured glasses that the December launch is not going to happen.

(very happy to be proven wrong though!)
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Pheidippides - 09-11-2018, 10:38 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM