Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion
If you read into Jane Mitchell's response to Beisan, it seems to paint a very different story, and adds more context that doesn't look good on Beisan at all.
"Beisan I hope you are not referring to me. If you are that is taking our conversation completely out of context and leaving out your part in it.
Today at lunch you approached me and requsted that I "step aside" so you could win. #wrvotes
Because you felt I was splitting the vote and my participation means the men will win. You told me you are a woman of colour, young and in the tech sector.
I replied to you that I had worked in tech and have worked side by side with ethnic groups. #wrvotes
To which you replied "ethnic" is not an appropriate word to use.
I feel sad that you feel that the only way to step into a post is to ask another woman to "step aside" I wish you nothing but the best in the coming election #wrvotes"

I would never refer to anyone as an "ethnic" (I am caucasian, with my family from Scotland, Ireland, and England, any of which technically is an ethnicity), but is it wrong to refer to groups formed to support different ethnicities "ethnic groups"? I've known Jane a long time, and she's anything but what Beisan's making her out to be. If I lived in Waterloo, frankly, the two of them would be getting my votes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion - by Viewfromthe42 - 10-05-2018, 11:11 AM