Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Yah, it's one thing to not divulge the reasons if there a POLICE investigation going on..okay fine. But be more clear with what's happening in terms of trains and detours...my issue is, so you have the shuttle buses running specifically between those two stops...it does not explicitly state which direction...one could infer Fairview bound as GRH comes before Kitchener Market, but that's an ass-umption.

Second, how does this effect the REST of the line, in terms of exact, to-the-minute delays? Display said 55mins at Block Line Station, so I think 'oh crap, no trains are coming this way for about an hour - and even that might be an estimate only. There are no obvious buses heading where I need to go at Block line, but there is at least one at Fairway Station, so I go THAT way instead, as a train is approaching heading there (somehow). Then I see one has left Fairway heading to downtown (maybe it'll end and kick everyone off at Market Station - this would have worked for me, but barely), but I did not know this and again, the signage said 55mins!

Bus drivers are kept out of the loop completely - despite all being part of the K-W Public transit NETWORK.

It's frustrating, infuriating. We depend on the transit that our tax dollars subsidize (LRT being built on property tax dollars). So get. it. right.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Momo26 - 11-20-2019, 11:17 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM