Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira
I should clarify after doing a bit of research, the system I was thinking of only applies to operations that are permitted under the Aggregate Resources Act - there is a trust that they pay into. From what I know of mines, there is generally a requirement for a plan for rehabilitation as part of the approvals process, but it's not a centralized system like they have under the Aggregate Resources Act. This makes sense, as mine rehabilitation is generally going to be more expensive and more specific to a given mine's context. As I understand it, a major reason for implementing the system in the Aggregate Resources Act in the 1990s was the large number of unrehabilitated pits and quarries in the province and a way to hopefully sustainable fund their rehabilitation by the industry itself.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by Acitta - 08-19-2020, 11:38 PM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by danbrotherston - 08-19-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by Acitta - 08-20-2020, 12:25 AM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by ijmorlan - 08-20-2020, 07:55 AM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by danbrotherston - 08-20-2020, 09:14 AM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by jamincan - 08-20-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by danbrotherston - 08-20-2020, 09:13 AM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by Spokes - 08-21-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by ijmorlan - 08-20-2020, 10:29 AM
RE: Toxic Time Bomb in Elmira - by Acitta - 08-20-2020, 02:18 PM