02-23-2021, 04:30 PM
(02-23-2021, 03:41 PM)ac3r Wrote: City of Waterloo sees mixed results with closed and slow streets: https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-new...ts-3449430
I think this headline is, at best an oversimplification.
I really wish they would make a stronger distinction, both in seeking feedback, and in presenting results between "the implementation was poor" and "the experience was poor".
Obviously they are related, but when people complain that construction barrels look messy, they aren't complaining about slow streets, they are complaining about temporary measures (and frankly, without much rationality--most people didn't really think about how to do something quickly).
I suspect making this distinction would show a lot stronger support.
I also agree with Tenile, to me, it was utterly abhorent and frankly, criminal, the thefts of signage and materials marking the slow streets, and down right sociopathic the dangerous driving we see in our communities. Of course, that has little to do with the pandemic, sociopaths live among us, and only the entirely unfounded fear that they would be found guilty of some crime stops them murdering us with their cars. I'm only slightly exaggerating here.

