03-02-2021, 01:08 AM
(03-01-2021, 09:33 PM)tomh009 Wrote: As long as it works better than the old one, I don't really care what port it's on. I can't think of any downsides besides five extra characters in the URL.
Let me put it this way. When I hire an electrician, I expect the boxes for the light switches and outlets to be installed at right angles to the floor; and all the screws holding on the cover plates aligned in the same direction. It’s really just a matter of workmanship. Putting up a production service for the public on a non-default port is sloppy work.
Of course, the old site was nothing but sloppy work, so if this is an actual good system with a few weird deployment issues, it’s still an improvement.
To continue the analogy, the old site could electrocute you. The new one just has outlets installed at weird angles.

