Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Q Condos (20 Queen St N) | 34 fl | Proposed
(04-14-2021, 10:04 AM)panamaniac Wrote: It would be surprising if more than the facade were to be saved.  I can't recall what the interior is like, apart from the dance studio.  Iirc correctly, rych mills did one of his "Flash from the Past" pieces for the Record on the history of the building.

It would surprise me, too. The main floor of the interior at present houses Encompass Health, a wellness clinic (massage, chiropractic, social work and counselling). The interior makes me think it was lawyers or similar professional services offices before them. Large rooms with very high ceilings, nice looking dark wooden panelling that appears authentic though I'm no carpenter. Nicely carpeted, browns and beiges and golden yellows. I've only been in a couple of the practitioner's rooms, and they both could easily hold a very large desk and some comfortable client chairs, lots of bookshelves and suchlike. It would definitely have to be significantly reworked to act as a lobby but there's a lot of space to do a lot with.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-03-2021, 01:11 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by Bjays93 - 04-03-2021, 02:17 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by Chris - 04-03-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-03-2021, 02:48 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by tomh009 - 04-03-2021, 03:14 PM
RE: Q Condos (20 Queen St N) | 34 fl | Proposed - by robdrimmie - 04-14-2021, 12:44 PM