Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Q Condos (20 Queen St N) | 34 fl | Proposed
(09-27-2021, 12:50 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Yes. I don't believe there is any intent on the part of the city to provide free parking if that's what is meant by the subsidy above.

I believe the City of Kitchener net loses money on downtown parking, at least when including capital costs, but that probably hides some differences between the garages. The market, library and Charles/Benton garages are all very far from capacity, even before Covid, and are definitely money losers. Duke/Ontario had a waiting list for monthly passes though, so it may be profitable to operate.

I don't think Q Condos will cause an increase in subsidy though, and if the city manages overselling correctly (I don't know how much they do now) they can probably reduce the subsidy given the complementary times of day.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-03-2021, 01:11 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by Bjays93 - 04-03-2021, 02:17 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by Chris - 04-03-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-03-2021, 02:48 PM
RE: 20 Queen St N | 34 fl | Proposed - by tomh009 - 04-03-2021, 03:14 PM
RE: Q Condos (20 Queen St N) | 34 fl | Proposed - by taylortbb - 09-27-2021, 02:09 PM