11-22-2021, 08:09 PM
Thanks, I figured as much.
I don't get why Waterloo rarely approves any proper condo or apartment buildings in the city (especially uptown), yet these things multiply like a virus. I get that there are a lot of students in the city who need places to live, but they could approve both. Maybe there just isn't a market for anything else in Waterloo because it's a student city and there isn't much to do uptown unless you're in your early 20s. There have been so many projects that were proposed 5-10 years ago that never went anywhere - like Strata, 80 Dorset, 87 Regina - as well as large developments like the one on Westmount which also seems to have stalled. Meanwhile, Kitchener is building skyscrapers now and even Cambridge is approving a lot and they have yet to even get an LRT extension.
I don't get why Waterloo rarely approves any proper condo or apartment buildings in the city (especially uptown), yet these things multiply like a virus. I get that there are a lot of students in the city who need places to live, but they could approve both. Maybe there just isn't a market for anything else in Waterloo because it's a student city and there isn't much to do uptown unless you're in your early 20s. There have been so many projects that were proposed 5-10 years ago that never went anywhere - like Strata, 80 Dorset, 87 Regina - as well as large developments like the one on Westmount which also seems to have stalled. Meanwhile, Kitchener is building skyscrapers now and even Cambridge is approving a lot and they have yet to even get an LRT extension.

